[Vision2020] Top Ten Climate Deniers in Playing Card Format: Book 'Em, Al!

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 10:03:21 PST 2009

I have not quantified statistically who are the most influential or powerful
anthropogenic climate change critics (note that some on Monbiot's list
accept that climate change is happening, but attribute it to natural
variables), but given how often I have read MIT meteorologist Richard
Lindzen quoted and interviewed as a scientific expert with credentials on
this subject, I think he is one of the more significant voices in the so
called "debate" on human impacts on climate.

Lindzen does not deny that CO2 is a greenhouse gas or that human emissions
are raising atmospheric CO2 levels, but he thinks climate sensitivity
(increase in global average temperature from a doubling of atmospheric CO2
level) is negligible.  Almost all other peer reviewed scientific studies of
this question reveal otherwise, as you can discover at this website:(
http://bartonpaullevenson.com/ClimateSensitivity.html ).

Lindzen is known for his "iris effect" theory to dissipate thermal energy to
space, which peer review has not been able to verify; in fact, some peer
reviews have shown it to be factually false.  You can read about Lindzen's
"iris effect" theory, his refusal to engage other climate scientists in a
fair bet on future climate change, etc. in a Vision2020 post I will re-post.

Ted Moffett