[Vision2020] Idaho Won't Use Boise State Lockers At H-Bowl

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Dec 27 12:33:15 PST 2009

"Idaho's charities - Life's Kitchen in Boise and the Moscow Food Bank -
will get 1,040 pounds of beef."

Courtesy of the Idaho Statesman at:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/vandalsports/story/1022053.html

Idaho Won't Use Boise State Lockers At H-Bowl

By Nick Jezierny

daho is the home team for the Roady's Humanitarian Bowl, meaning the
Vandals will be on the East sideline of Bronco Stadium - the Boise State
sideline.

But one perk of being designated the home team that Idaho won't utilize is
the home locker room. Idaho coach Robb Akey said his team will use the
visiting locker room as opposed to the Broncos' roomier digs.

"I feel we're getting ready to play a game, and it's a Vandal bowl game,
and I don't think my guys need to be sitting there and seeing all of the
Boise State stuff on the locker room wall," Akey said.

Idaho will use the regular visiting locker room and also have access to
the wrestling room across the hall, giving the Vandals plenty of room,
Akey said.

Senior running back DeMaundray Woolridge understands his coach's decision.

"This is one of the only bowls that doesn't change names of the teams in
the end zones," Woolridge said. "It keeps their logo, and it happens to be
our rival. You have to keep your pride. We're going to play just as well
without their locker room."

LACK OF SNOW MEANS NO WINTER SPORTS DAY

Idaho and Bowling Green were scheduled to go tubing at Bogus Basin on
Sunday, but the lack of white stuff forced the bowl to cancel its Winter
Sports Day. "To say we're disappointed is an understatement," said Kevin
McDonald, the bowl's executive director. "It's devastating being it is our
signature event for the kids." Instead, the bowl is giving each school
vouchers so they can catch a movie at an Edwards Theater. Bowling Green
quarterback Tyler Sheehan called the cancellation "a bummer ... At least
we'll get to sleep in a little bit.''

BOWLING GREEN WINS FIRST COMPETITION

No wonder the school is called Bowling Green. The Falcons won the
Certified Angus Bowl For Beef charity event at Westy's Garden Lanes on
Saturday. Bowling Green beat Idaho 248-208 as each team's starters bowled
one frame. Bowling Green's designated charities were the Idaho Youth Ranch
and Martha's Kitchen in Ohio. They will receieve 1,180 pounds of beef.
Idaho's charities - Life's Kitchen in Boise and the Moscow Food Bank -
will get 1,040 pounds of beef.

IDAHO ASSISTANT A CANDIDATE AT ASU

Offensive coordinator Steve Axman interviewed for the same position at
Arizona State earlier this month. Boise State wide receivers coach Brent
Pease is also vying for the position on Dennis Erickson's staff. "I
thought the interview went well. He seemed to say so, but he's got some
really quality people that he's considering," said Axman, a 35-year
coaching veteran.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Came a tribe from the north brave and bold . . .

"Here We Have Idaho"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/HWHI.mp3

"I-D-A-H-O Idaho Idaho Go Go Go"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Vandals.mp3