[Vision2020] Supporting Slavery Was: Bashing the Immigrant While He Feeds Us (Marty Trillhaase)

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2008 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 14:13:30 PST 2009

It saddens me greatly that people support the institution of illegal immigration which so obviously reduces the sanctity of a human life to a mere economic commodity. The arguments used to justify this unjust institution are the same arguments used to justify slavery 150 years ago; economic necessity and being in the best interests of its victims—which it is neither.

Illegal immigration is a modern form of slavery. There is no doubt about it.. It has the same negative impacts as slavery, hurting both those working for substandard wages (non-citizens), and those citizens trying to compete with them for livable wages.

Clearly, the winner in our illegal immigration system is always the businesses and the wealthy. The losers are the illegal immigrants that work for sub minimum wages and are forced to live in squalor and subhuman conditions, and the poorer US classes that are in direct competition with sub minimum wage workers that often are more skilled and experienced than them. The middle classes also suffer because they must pay higher taxes to compensate for the lack of wages given by the wealthy businesses in the form of higher property taxes for schools, food stamps, welfare payments, unemployment, medical care, and social security.

A nation cannot claim “All men are equal” when it is clear it has another nation of 20+ million people living inside it that are considered noncitizens and forced to work for substandard wages and live in conditions legally unfit for even our dogs.

It disgusts me that my country allows such mistreatment of human beings and declares that we need this. We need the institution of illegal immigration like we needed slavery, not at all, not at all.

Your Friend,

Donovan Arnold