[Vision2020] Vin Scully Will be Back in 2010 Broadcasting Dodger Baseball

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Dec 2 13:36:06 PST 2009

Courtesy of KNX 1070 (Los Angeles) at:

http://www.knx1070.com/Vin-Will-Be-Back-In-2010/5800311

Vin Will Be Back In 2010

LOS ANGELES (CBS)  -- Legendary, and apparently ageless, broadcaster Vin
Scully will return as the voice of the Los Angeles Dodgers in 2010, the
team announced Tuesday.

After 2010, the popular and honored Scully said he would "take it
year-to-year" after that.

Scully has been with the Dodgers for more than 60 years, the longest
tenure of any broadcaster in sports history.

Scully just celebrated birthday number 82 Sunday and he shows no signs of
slowing down.

When Scully first called a Dodgers game, the team was in Brooklyn, Harry
Truman was president, gas cost $.27 cents a gallon and minimum wage was
$.75 an hour.

Today, Scully was hailed by Dodgers owner Frank McCourt: "For six decades,
Dodger fans have been truly blessed to have Vin Scully on the air and we
are honored that he will be back in the booth again next season. He has
been the one constant over the years and I know that our fans will cherish
every game he calls."

--------------------

Vin Scully at 82

http://tinyurl.com/VinScully

I remember listening to Vin Scully and Jerry Dogget broadcasting games
back in the early 60s.

The one constant throughout my life has been Vin Scully calling the
play-by-play of Dodger baseball games.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom "a Dodger fan forever" Hansen

and the Realist adjusts his sails."