[Vision2020] 'Obama Tags' Called a Joke

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 28 20:31:13 PDT 2009

On Friday 28 August 2009 11:47:01 Tom Hansen wrote:
> BOISE - An Idaho Republican gubernatorial hopeful insists he was only
> joking when he said he'd buy a license to hunt President Barack Obama.
>
> Rex Rammell, a long-shot candidate slated to run against incumbent Butch
> Otter in the May 2010 GOP primary, made the comment at a Republican rally
> Tuesday in Twin Falls where talk turned to the state's planned wolf hunt,
> for which hunters must purchase an $11.50 wolf tag. The hunt is due to
> begin Tuesday.
>
> When an audience member shouted a question about "Obama tags," Rammell
> responded, "The Obama tags? We'd buy some of those."

Good grief. Yet another generation of insular ignorance presents itself to the
world. Unfortunately, this is not a new story. I can remember in the early
1980's, while the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh was driving Rolls Royces and
otherwise holding forth not so far away in Oregon, driving north from Boise
to attend a family holiday gathering. I stopped by a snowy roadside pancake
house, relatively recently constructed from large logs, within which I saw on
the restaurant wall a sign exhorting hunters to hurry and buy their Indian
hunting licenses so they could "bhagwan today."

> Rammell told the Associated Press on Thursday he sees no reason to
> apologize because the comment was just a joke.

It's not a joke at all. Individual and collective tags will amount to
instances of willful and concerted delay of progress, with (limited) respect
to the President's program legislation and policy proposals, aggressive and
counterproductive advertising, and an attitude of resistive non-cooperation
toward solving national problems.

> "What I would say to all my Democrat Idahoans: Take a deep breath and
> relax," he said. "We're not going to go out and hunt Obama."

1) Slavery is over. The use of the possessive with respect to people is at
least a century and a half out of date. Neither Rammell nor anyone else owns
any Idahoans.

2) With creatures able and willing to say such things outside of a zoo, no one
can relax.

3) That's a lie, at least with respect to resistive non-cooperation.

> Threatening the president can be a felony punishable by five years in
> prison and a $250,000 fine.

Unfortunately for some, the stakes are a lot higher. To the extent that the
tactics of delay and fear-mongering are successful, millions of persons may
be denied billions of dollars of effective benefits at the same time that the
economy is hindered from optimal recovery and fine tuning to yield more
socially constructive and energy efficient productivity.

Ken