[Vision2020] Idaho GOP at its Finest: Obama Hunting Tags?!

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl.fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 27 21:29:51 PDT 2009

What is wrong with the GOP In Idaho - see emphasis below.  Not only is
Rammell a moron, but what on earth is wrong with the rest of them that he's
not been rightly and soundly rebuked?!?!

http://www.magicvalley.com/articles/2009/08/27/news/local_state/169498.txt

Rammell howls at Otter for not buying wolf tag

By Jared S. Hopkins
Times-News writer

This time, the howling isn't coming from the wolves.

Rex Rammell, a long-shot gubernatorial candidate seeking the Republican
nomination, criticized Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter on Wednesday for not making
good on a promise to buy the first wolf tag. Tags for hunting the gray wolf
went on sale Monday.

Rammell said Otter, who was elected in 2006, is "a lot of talk" who hasn't
accomplished anything as governor. And he pointed out that no wolf tag was
claimed by Otter, who declared he'd proudly buy the first one and, when
asked in March for response to the delisting proposal, gave a howl.

On Monday, Otter attended in Lewiston and spoke at the funeral of Bruce
Sweeney, a 10-term state legislator who served while Otter was lieutenant
governor. When told this, Rammell said, "That's a lame excuse."

He said "there's nothing wrong with going to a funeral" but promises as both
a governor and a candidate should be followed through on. He questioned
whether environmental groups pressured Otter to back off.

"He could've had someone go get it for him," he said. "Hell, he's the
governor. He could've ordered the Fish and Game to give him the first tag."

Otter spokesman Jon Hanian said Otter tried to get a tag Monday evening a
computer problem at the location delayed sales.

"What I would tell you is he's going to act like every other citizen. He's
not going to ask for any special treatment or favors," said Hanian, noting
he was speaking strictly about Otter's schedule and not addressing campaign
inquires. "I guess Rex Rammell is entitled to his opinion but the governor
felt it was pretty important to go to his funeral."

Hanian referred further inquires to Otter campaign worker, Brenda Maynard.
She said Otter planned to pick up a tag Wednesday evening and would not have
a staff member run an errand like that.

"His priority was where it should be - attending the funeral," she said.
"The governor has never used the privileges of his office. He's an avid
sportsman and like everyone else will stand in line."

Rammell's remarks on Otter came in an interview Wednesday after the
Times-News asked about comments Rammell made Tuesday night at a local
Republican party event.

After an audience member shouted a question about "Obama tags" during a
discussion on wolves, Rammell responded, "The Obama tags? We'd buy some of
those."

Rammell, a veterinarian and former elk rancher from Idaho Falls, said his
comment was a joke and he would never seriously talk about President Obama
that way, although he doesn't support anything Obama's done as president.

"I was just being sarcastic. That was just a joke," Rammell said. "I would
never support him being assassinated.

"She kind of caught me off guard, to be honest with you."