[Vision2020] Electric Guitar/Studio Inventor and Guitar Performance Wizard Les Paul Dies at 94

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 10:31:52 PDT 2009

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/08/13/les-paul-guitar-legend-dead-at-94/

>From website above:

An inductee of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Grammy Hall of Fame, Paul is
credited as the inventor of the electric body guitar and the pioneer of
recording techniques like electronic echo and multi-tracking. Paul also had
a celebrated career as both a solo artist and with singer Mary Ford, his
wife until 1964. In 2003, *Rolling Stone* named Les Paul to our list
of the Greatest
Guitarists of All
Time<http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5937559/the_100_greatest_guitarists_of_all_time/28>,
and his influence on guitar greats who followed him is undeniable. “He was
one of the most stellar human beings I’ve ever known,” Slash posted on his
Twitter today, referring to Paul as his “friend and mentor.” Chickenfoot
guitarist Joe Satriani released a statement that reads, “Les Paul set a
standard for musicianship and innovation that remains unsurpassed. He was
the original guitar hero, and the kindest of souls.”

The 1978 "Chester and Lester" album "Guitar Monsters," with Les Paul and
Chet Atkins, is a guitar players dream...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Monsters

At the Grammy Awards of
1978<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Awards_of_1978>,
*Guitar Monsters* was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Instrumental
Performance<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Award_for_Best_Instrumental_Performance>
.