[Vision2020] Good U of I news

Carl Westberg idahovandal1 at live.com
Fri Aug 21 15:57:21 PDT 2009

>From President Nellis' "Friday letter"...."We are welcoming what is expected to be the largest freshman class in
the University's history to our Moscow campus this week – nearly 1,800
young men and women who are eager to start classes and the next
chapters of their lives on Monday. Among this fall's record class will
be another accomplished group of National Merit Scholars, many
valedictorians and salutatorians, high school student leaders and many
first-generation college students; as significantly, the group will be
filled with individuals from a variety of geographic, socioeconomic and
ethnic backgrounds. At the same time, new transfer students actually
represent the fastest growing enrollment population – up almost 12
percent."