[Vision2020] Smoke-Free UI Next?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Aug 19 09:09:58 PDT 2009

Rumor has it, Ron, that (unlike our Moscow City Council) UI "management"
is considering adopting "designated smoking areas" if/when smoking should
become banned on the UI campus.

One designated smoking area has already been proposed.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Stuff/Smoking_Area.htm

Thoughts, Visionaires?

> Boise State imposes smoke-free ban
> BOISE - Boise State University is now a smoke-free campus.
> University
> officials announced the policy switch last fall, but are implementing
> the prohibition on cigarettes across campus before students arrive
> later this month.
> KTVB-TV reported that
> ashtrays across campus have been removed and yellow signs affixed to
> light posts remind students and faculty of the smoking ban. The
> prohibition also includes Bronco Stadium.
> Ferd
> Schlapper, executive director of BSU's Health, Wellness and Counseling,
> said most people on campus support the smoking ban, and 50 percent of
> students report being bothered by secondhand smoke on a weekly basis.

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown