[Vision2020] Why I Support Gay Marriage

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Fri Aug 14 06:51:18 PDT 2009

"Are you suggesting that if one doesn't have and answer to this question, then the state need not allow the marriage?"

No. I was suggesting that it would make for a more useful and interesting discussion than falling back on the same tactic that most 5 year olds use when told no. "But I want it!" and "That's no fair" followed by a stomp of the foot quickly become tedious and really do very little to further the conversation.

  Gary wrote: "Why don't you explain to me all the myriad ways in which you being able to marry your partner is a benefit to me and/or society?" Can you answer this question, Gary? Are you suggesting that if one doesn't have and answer to this question, then the state need not allow the marriage? Should this be the standard for what the state allows and what it doesn't e.g. whether it is a benefit to society? Funny this didn't come up in the smoking issue!

  Your pal, Joe

  Sent from my iPhone