[Vision2020] "I've had enough of reading things by neurotic, psychotic, pig-headed politicians"

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 13:25:24 PDT 2009

Definitely not a "treacly nod to general warm-fuzzy-happy-place sentiments"
is the song below by John Lennon, one of my favorite songs by anyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op9-D3kdBiw

>From "Imagine" by John Lennon

Gimme Some Truth

I'm sick and tired of hearing things
>From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocrites
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth

I've had enough of reading things
By neurotic, psychotic, pig-headed politicians
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth

No short-haired, yellow-bellied, son of Tricky Dicky
Is gonna mother hubbard soft soap me
With just a pocketful of hope
Money for dope
Money for rope

I'm sick to death of seeing things
>From tight-lipped, condescending, mama's little chauvinists
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth now

I've had enough of watching scenes
Of schizophrenic, ego-centric, paranoiac, prima-donnas
All I want is the truth now
Just gimme some truth

No short-haired, yellow-bellied, son of Tricky Dicky
Is gonna mother hubbard soft soap me
With just a pocketful of hope
It's money for dope
Money for rope

Ah, I'm sick to death of hearing things
from uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocrites
All I want is the truth now
Just gimme some truth now

I've had enough of reading things
by neurotic, psychotic, pig-headed politicians
All I want is the truth now
Just gimme some truth now

All I want is the truth now
Just gimme some truth now