[Vision2020] If you didn't make it to Seafair in Seattle...

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Tue Aug 4 14:21:26 PDT 2009

Mike,

I agree with you that they are the best of the best, especially based
on the amount of air-time they get.  Now, I think the best of the best
should be where we need them, on the front lines, not on a PR tour.
They're not selling war-bonds to pay for the debacles we're in.
And as far as recruiting goes, it's an ALL VOLUNTEER military, and we
shouldn't be spending anything on recruiting.

I also agree with you about the "grey haired miltary veteran piloting
the Boeings that I travel on." But until the services really get their
heads out of their collective bottoms, we keep loosing those folks.  I
worked for and was decorated by a Naval Reserve Rear Admiral that was
forced into retirement at age 60, and we would have followed him to
hell and back. When he left the navy because he was too old, he went
back to Delta Airlines where he is the
command pilot / training pilot for their 767 fleet.