[Vision2020] UI Waste & Arrogance

Jennifer Ingalls jennifer at inlandradio.com
Wed Apr 29 12:51:39 PDT 2009

Saundra,

I have not seem their other print advertising; however, in their TV
campaign, they will show students or other faculty and highlight something
special about their scholarship, athleticism, or research then tag it with
"I'm Suzie Student and I AM the University of Idaho." It's similar to WSU's
" . . . my color is Crimson" advertising campaign. WSU did something similar
to introduce their new coaches. Are they truly "crimson" yet since they
haven't seen the field yet? Probably not, but it is what it is . . . a
marketing hook/tag or whatever you want to call it.

I feel for both schools. They're in bad positions to advertise or to try and
hire people to fill positions with cut-backs on the table in both
institutions. With Idaho not actively talking (to my knowledge) about
cutting enrollment like WSU has, though, I think they have to continue to
advertise to try and recruit students.

Sincerely,

Jennifer