[Vision2020] State Faculty Union Responds to Financial Crisis

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Tue Apr 28 17:26:23 PDT 2009

I take it the concept of reduced tax revenue due to a downturn in the
economy is completely lost on you.

Please explain the inherent fairness of increasing the tax burden on a
workman/merchant whose income is already down anywhere from 5 to, in some
cases, 35% or more so that state employees are spared a 3% cut? Is there any
problem for which a tax increase wouldn't be you first solution?

Leaping to the silly conclusion that I hate state employees for political
reasons is quite an illogical leap even by your previously established
reactionary standards. Aside from a few ivory tower types, statistically
speaking, most of the employees are likely to be of my own political stripe
what with this being Idaho and all.