[Vision2020] Jennifer Harbury: "Truth, Torture and the American Way."

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 10:53:08 PDT 2009

Only for those who suggest I might reason in the absurd manner you described
to justify torture.  You will be forced to read Norman Rosten's "Guernica"
repeatedly, endlessly, with no sleep, till you collapse in pacifistic
exhaustion, after which Joan Baez's reading of this poem, with musical
accompaniment, from the album "Baptism," will be set on endless repetition.
There is no escape!

Guernica
by Norman Rosten

In Guernica the dead children
Were laid out in order upon the sidewalk,
In their white starched dresses,
In their pitiful white dresses.
On their foreheads and breasts
Are the little holes where death came in
As thunder, while they were playing
Their important summer games.
Do not weep for them, *madre*.
They are gone forever, the little ones,
Straight to heaven to the saints,
and God will fill the bullet-holes with candy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_(Joan_Baez_album)
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett