[Vision2020] Jennifer Harbury: "Truth, Torture and the American Way."

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 20:45:50 PDT 2009

http://www.booktv.org/program.aspx?ProgramId=6228&SectionName=

http://www.booktv.org/program.aspx?ProgramId=6228&SectionName=&PlayMedia=No

C-Cpan 2 tonight presented a lecture and question and answer session
featuring Jennifer Harbury, regarding her book "Truth, Torture, and the
American Way: The History and Consequences of U.S. Involvement in Torture."
Her presentation was the most informed, well reasoned and passionate
offering on this issue that I have ever experienced.  She made clear the
fact that torture as a tactic of the US military or US intelligence
operatives (CIA et. al.) has been utilized during and since the Vietnam War,
in Central America, and as we know, in Iraq and Afghanistan, and is thus not
a new development in the War on Terror since 9/11.

I'm not sure her lecture and presentation will be run again on C-Span, but
it should be...

Ted Moffett