[Vision2020] Microsoft Windows News

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 25 20:37:56 PDT 2009

I'm always baffled at Vista complaints.  I understood them originally, but
I've been running Vista for over 18 months now -- and I'm definitely a power
user -- and I've found it to be far more stable than XP Pro ever was.  Vista
has some annoyances to be sure, but I'm still far more pleased with it than
I was with XP Pro, and I've not had to reload it once  :-)  With XP Pro, I
had to wipe & reinstall at least once (and usually twice) a year to keep it
operating well.

Nonetheless, the WXP sounds very cool.  I did lose one important program
when I moved to Vista . . . kind of.  Actually, it was a program change with
the Vista edition that was disastrous.  The 2007 (and previous) version was
based on the SQL Express platform, and the 2008 Vista version dumped SQL,
which meant that the data files weren't compatible.  Which means I have a
2000 page doorstop printout of the data.  Perhaps when Windows 7 comes out,
WXP will allow me to load & use the old XP version of the program and all my
data!

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.