[Vision2020] INPC Forum, Climate Discussion: Possibly Contact J. Michael Scott, U of I Professor in CNR

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 19:22:31 PDT 2009

Regarding the climate focus of the INPC forum:

Do the panelists you list have any specialized expertise in climate science,
i. e., have any of the panelists published in a *peer reviewed credible
science journal* on a climate science subject in recent years?  If so, can
you provide a reference(s) to their published work in this field?  If I can
study their published work, I might have relevant questions regarding their
specific focus of research.

If they do not have any recent peer reviewed published work in this
discipline, I would look elsewhere for expert discussion of questions
regarding climate science, as I have already done repeatedly on
Realclimate.org, which offers far more scientific information regarding
climate science questions and issues than I could ever hope to comprehend in
my lifetime, moderated by a panel of some of the best climate scientists
publishing in this field.

If you need a list of pertinent questions and issues to discuss regarding
climate science, you'll find more than enough at this blog:

http://www.realclimate.org
---------------
In fact, regarding questions already posed in this thread, I suggested on
Vision2020 to Paul Rumelhart that he contribute his doubts about the
computer modeling of climate change to Realclimate.org, to scientists with
extensive expertise in mathematics and computer modeling of climate change.
Paul never indicated, that I read on Vision2020, whether he posed his
questions or doubts on these issues to Realclimate.org.

The U of I has a professor who has some professional publishing cudos on
climate science, in the US Climate Change Science Program:  J. Michael
Scott.  You might seek his feedback or contributions regarding the INPC
forum.  He is a professor in the College of Natural Resources with a Phd. in
Zoology, as the URL below indicates:
http://www.cnrhome.uidaho.edu/fishwild/Scott

He is listed in the author credits for Final Report of Synthesis and
Assessment Product
4.4<http://www.climatescience.gov/Library/sap/sap4-4/final-report/default.htm>(Preliminary
review
of adaptation options for climate-sensitive ecosystems and resources) at the
URLs below:

http://downloads.climatescience.gov/sap/sap4-4/sap4-4-final-report-FrontMatter.pdf

http://www.climatescience.gov/Library/sap/sap4-4/final-report/default.htm
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett