[Vision2020] Duane Nellis named 17th University of Idaho president

Sam Scripter moscowsam at verizon.net
Wed Apr 22 14:32:24 PDT 2009

Kenneth Marcy wrote:
> Here is the announcement press release:
> http://www.today.uidaho.edu/DetailsPrint.aspx?id=4892
>
> 	Board Names Duane Nellis as 17th President of the University of Idaho
>
> April 22, 2009
>
> Moscow, Idaho -- *_The Idaho State Board of Education_* announced today that Dr.
> Duane Nellis has accepted the position of President of the University of
> Idaho.

The bolding, underscoring, and enlarging of the text, above, are by me.

The University of Idaho is an entity defined in the Constitution of the
State of Idaho, and is governed
by the University of Idaho Board of Regents.

Can someone tell me why, and the legal implications thereof, the
official news release of the hiring
of the 17th President stated that the Idaho _State Board of Education_
rather the _Board of Regents_
announced . . .

Yes, I know . . . The two boards comprise the same individual members.
The Minutes of their "joint"
meetings always state they are the joint minutes and the minutes name
each board.

Is UI's specialness being slighted here???  Or is the State Board of
Education empowered to
hire UI's President and the UI Board of Regent not empowered???

Sam Scripter
Moscow