[Vision2020] State Faculty Union Responds to Financial Crisis

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Wed Apr 22 10:58:09 PDT 2009

The publish or parish rule is stupid.  When I was an undergraduate I had an excellent instructor for Physics. He did not get tenure because he had not published enough. I had Genetics from Warren Pope. He was an excellent researcher but a poor teacher. People should be allowed to do what they are good at. It is also a disservice to the students to to be taught by sone one who does not what to teach.
Roger