[Vision2020] Wasted Money: City Level

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 21 22:15:07 PDT 2009

Gary Crabtree wrote:

"A question that leaps to mind would have to be, WAS any city business
conducted via private e-mail or is this simply a great big fishing
expedition/harassment technique conducted by someone who is'nt a resident of
the city of Moscow and who harbors resentment that his treasured MCA council
members were shown the door in such a overwhelming manner? Is it "city
business" every time the topic of water is mentioned in a private E-mail?
Once I hear an unbiased answer to these questions it will be easier to have
an opinion."

I considered whether or not to respond since Mr. Crabtree certainly doesn't
consider me "unbiased," so he'll be inclined to find some lame excuse to
discount my response and to vomit more invective in my direction.

However, since this is something others may legitimately wonder (Wayne Price
seemed to be asking something similar, and I see Paul Rumelhart has posted),
I'll answer  J

First, consider that the email addys given on the City's Web site for some
Council members are their "private," rather than City, email addys.  So,
absent any specific examples, it's a pretty sure bet that city business is
being conducted through those "private" email addys - I sincerely doubt I'm
the only one who has contacted council members in this manner.  This is
something anyone is free to verify for themselves:

"(Note: to email all Council members you may use the link on the bottom of
this page)"

http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/council/MeetCouncil.asp

Clicking on the line provides the following:

blambert at ci.moscow.id.us; dcarscallen at ci.moscow.id.us; jweber at moscow.com;
tlamar at moscow.com; wmsteed at aol.com; wkrauss at ci.moscow.id.us

Second, I personally have contacted council members regarding City business
via the email addys provided on the City Web site, and I've received email
members.  An exception would be John Weber:  in the time since his election,
I don't think he's learned to use email as he stated he would do since every
single time I've tried to contact him, I get a delivery failure notice (522
5.0.0 User mailbox size is over quota).  <shaking my head>

Third, there are quite a few examples of Visionaries contacting Council
members via email (using the email addys provided by the City Web site)
about City business right in the V2020 archives  J  Since Mr. Crabtree will
use any contrived excuse to discount my personal reports to defend his
buddies, here's an example from someone else:

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2009-January/060475.html