[Vision2020] State Faculty Union Responds to Financial Crisis

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Thu Apr 16 18:26:49 PDT 2009

As to where the cuts should come from, thats actually easy. There are so damn many high
level
administrators at the University of Idaho, and the Board of Education, let THEM take the
hit!

I can't believe that we are spending MILLIONS of dollars on the old blimp hanger to field
LOOSING
teams but the administration wants to cut staff and faculty salaries instead! How much
money
could be saved if we just LOCKED THE DOORS of Kibbie Dome for a year or as long as this
lasts?
UNDER Kibbie Dome is an outdoor concrete football stadium, let the teams play there! Or
did the
administration in 1975 when the dome was built forget to make it capable of being removed?
Funny, the University could run from 1889 till 1975 without the Dome, and they did it
without
having to amend the State Constitution to pay for it!

They, the administrators, are wrapped around the axle that the world will end if the
athletic
department (that keeps hitting icebergs) is done away with. Ok, keep it, BUT let the
administrators
that want this failed endevour pay for it out of their pockets!