[Vision2020] Reply to Bear and a Book Recommendation....

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Fri Apr 10 15:21:55 PDT 2009

Sue,

PLEASE understand, I'm not at all upset by the stereo types, the jokes ARE funny! I guess
what i
was getting at, was that in this era of political correctness, it's all a matter of who's
Ox is being
gored and who screams the loudest.

For the most part, while jokes based on stereo types are politically incorrect, they are
FUNNY!
And what really frosts my butt, is it that to get around the political correctness, we use
terms
that clearly get to the same minority groups, but have to be a bit dishonest about it.

Some examples, no longer is it politically correct to tell "Black" jokes, so instead of
saying
"there were these two black people", we now say, there where these two people, Leroy and
Qushanda". No longer two gay women, it's now "two ladies that wear comfortable shoes". No
longer an Indian, it now  is a fellow named "Billy Two-Willies".

I agree 100% with the new Attorney General when he stated we are cowards when it comes to
talking about these issues - WE ARE!  It is because of this dishonesty and political
correctness
that we have  lot of the problems and issues today.

Being raised Polish in Pittsburgh, ethnic and racial issues were not below the surface and

because of it could and were addressed up front. I honestly never realized that blacks and

whites were "not supposed" to live in the same neighborhoods! The neighborhood where I
grew
up was economically segregated, NOT racially or ethnically. My dad worked for the old
Pennsylvania Railroad as did most of our neighbors, including the black railway postal
workers.