[Vision2020] SJR 101 passes Idaho House

JLBrown jlbrown at turbonet.com
Wed Apr 8 11:15:05 PDT 2009

Visionaries,

Minutes ago the Idaho House overwhelmingly passed SJR 101, allowing the
University of Idaho to formally charge tuition (instead of having to
euphemistically call them fees).

Rep. Shirley Ringo spoke eloquently on behalf of the University of Idaho and
the need to level the playing field between the U of I and the state's other
institutions of higher education.

Even Rep. Grant Burgoyne, a freshman Democrat from Boise and U of I alum who
opposed the measure, spoke at length in support of the U of I and of the
contribution of higher education to the state's economic development.

Not a peep from Rep. Tom Trail in support of the institution that is the
economic lifeblood of our community.

Judy Brown