[Vision2020] National monuments

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Tue Apr 7 14:12:22 PDT 2009

And they call the United States a Christian country!

Or a "Xian cntry" for short. Donovan take note. IMHO.

Ralph

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Tue Apr 7 13:42:44 PDT 2009

Tom,

Two years  ago, my wife and I were in DC to attend a banquet at the
Polish Embassy. We had
some extra time there and since she had never been to DC, we did some
of the typical tourist
things to include the new WWII monument and the Vietnam Wall, both in
downtown Washington
on the mall, both maintained by the National Park Service. I have
never been so embarrassed by
the conditions we found there and it was Cherry Blossom time! I hate
to think what people from
other countries think when they came and saw the trash dump
conditions under which they were
kept.

And two blocks from the White House there was a Vietnam vet living on
a heating grate---
talk about obscene! Guess how many Directors of the National Park
Service are vets?