[Vision2020] Six gay men shot to death in Iraq

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Apr 6 11:32:11 PDT 2009

Jennifer Ingalls stated:

"I'm not sure I'd categorize the Wil Hendrick case as uncared-about. It
received national attention several years after the case was initiated with
some cold case show . . . I can't remember if it was an "America's Most
Wanted" or "Unsolved Mysteries" show, but something along those lines."

The case of Wil Hendrick was highlighted on Unsolved Mysteries a number of
years ago.  And just like back then . . . it remains just as unsolved and
swept under the proverbial rug as it was then.

Come on, Moscow!

START GIVING A SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> I'm not sure I'd categorize the Wil Hendrick case as uncared-about. It
> received national attention several years after the case was initiated
with
> some cold case show . . . I can't remember if it was an "America's Most
> Wanted" or "Unsolved Mysteries" show, but something along those lines.
> Certainly it received no less attention than other murder/missing persons
> cases in this area--and perhaps more than some of those cases.
>
> However, I do agree that it is more likely that some people will or do
> discount crimes against minority populations--whether gay, black,
Hispanic,
> or Muslim--as "deserved," acceptable, or as simply having less
importance or
> connection to the community. This apathy is probably more prevalent in
> white, middle class, protestant populations because there is less direct
> connection to the case--less cause for the observer to reflect, "If that
can
> happen to him/her, it can happen to me." This, of course does not make
it a
> "right" reaction or a proper way of thinking about things, but I think
> people tend to lend more compassion when they feel the victim is like
them.
> Just my observation . . .
>
> --Jennifer

Join us at The First Annual Intolerista Wingding, April 17th, featuring
Roy Zimmerman and Jeanne McHale.  For details go to . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Wingding

Seeya
there.