[Vision2020] PUBLIC MEETING UPPER LOCHSA LAND EXCHANGE

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Apr 6 11:23:18 PDT 2009

PUBLIC MEETING UPPER LOCHSA LAND EXCHANGE
Wednesday April 8th, 5-7 PM

Moscow Job Service Conference Room
1350 Troy Rd. Moscow, Id.
(Behind the old Sears building)

"Chance to comment on upper Lochsa Land Exchange with Western Pacific
Timber Co."

TALKING POINTS TO CONSIDER ON A TRADE BETWEEN THE PEOPLE’S LAND AND A
PRIVATE DEVELOPER:

1).  All national forest lands are owned by the American people

2).  The owners most affected by this trade are people who live in the
counties where national forests are to be traded.

3). The Forest Service works for We the People and is hired by our taxes
to manage the national forests, not make unacceptable trades to private
developers.

4). Has the Forest Service/county commissioners polled the people most
affected by a trade to determine what the people, the owners, most
affected want to do?

You guess.

5). Alternative: Do not trade away the national forests to private
developers but work to purchase the Lochsa stripped lands from the owner
and turn them into national forests managed correctly by the peoples’
management entity, the USFS.

Send an email to the County Commissioners (emails below) informing them in
strong terms of your support for kioboshing the land swap in Latah:

Email addresses:

Commissioners:

Tom Stroschein,
Chair, District II,
tstroschein at latah.id..us
Jack Nelson,
District III,
jnelson at latah.id.us

Jennifer Barrett,
District I,
jbarrett at latah.id.us

Seeya there, Moscow.

Join us at The First Annual Intolerista Wingding, April 17th, featuring
Roy Zimmerman and Jeanne McHale.  For details go to . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Wingding

Seeya
there.