[Vision2020] Roy Zimmerman

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Apr 3 05:28:26 PDT 2009

Greetings Visionaires -

Pasted below is Roy Zimmerman's newsletter for Friday (April 3, 2009).

I think the Republicans were smart to get Jon Stewart to write their
alternative budget proposal.  Now, if they could only get Vince, the
ShamWow! guy to sell it.

Are you better off than you were twenty minutes ago?  Hoping so, here's a
glimpse of my new economy:

MANUFACTURING IS UP!

This weekend, I'll be recording a bunch of new songs, forged from the
headlines.

Thankfully, absurdity is in plentiful supply, even in Obamalot, and
there's more than enough raw material.  Two shows tomorrow night (Friday,
April 3) at the uber-adorable Coffee Gallery Backstage.

RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IS UP!

This weekend, I'll be editing a DVD.  It's a four-camera shoot of a
complete show featuring all your favorites, if your favorites happen to
be "Defenders of Marriage", "Creation Science 101", "Abstain With Me", etc.

Also in development is a new and expanded YouTube presence.  If you
haven't already, please subscribe to my channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RoyZimmerman

DISTRIBUTION IS UP!

I continue to tour as if my life depended on it, which of course, it
does.  A big swing through the Pacific Northwest starting next week, and
more beyond.  Thanks for spreading the word about the shows listed below,
and I hope to see you soon.

Friday, April 3
Two shows: 7 and 9:30 pm
ALTADENA, CALIFORNIA
Roy Zimmerman: Real American
The Coffee Gallery Backstage
2029 Lake St.
$18 - Reservations/Information: (626) 398-7917

Sunday, April 5
9 and 11 am
SANTA MONICA, CA
Unitarian Universalist Community Church of Santa Monica
1260 18th St
I'll play some songs at both services this morning

Sunday, April 5
2 to 4 pm
SANTA MONICA, CA
McCabe's Guitar Shop
3101 Pico Blvd
Roy Zimmerman's Songwriting Labratory - a workshop for your songs
$35

Sunday, April 5
7 pm
SANTA MONICA, CA
Roy Zimmerman: Real American
McCabe's Guitar Shop
3101 Pico Blvd
tickets $15 - available at 310-828-4497

Friday, April 10
8 pm
ASHLAND, OR
Roy Zimmerman: Real American
Rogue Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
87 4th Street
$15

Saturday, April 11
12:25-12:40 pm
EUGENE, OREGON
KLCC Radio
Saturday Cafe with Frank Gossar

Saturday, April 11
8 pm
EUGENE, OREGON
Roy Zimmerman: Real American
Unitarian Church in Eugene
477 East 40th Ave
$15 at the door. No one turned away for lack of ability to pay

Monday, April 13
8:30 am
PORTLAND, OREGON
KPOJ Radio
Carl Wolfson and Friends

Tuesday, April 14
7:30 pm
VANCOUVER, BC
Roy Zimmerman: Real American
St Monica's Church
6404 Wellington Ave.
Vancouver, BC V7W 2H6
Call 604-727-2824 for directions
$15 Canadian Dollars suggested donation

Friday, April 17
7:30 pm
MOSCOW, ID
Roy Zimmerman: Real American
1912 Center 412 E. 3rd St.
$10
Doors open at 6:30 Seating limited to 250
Opening the show is local favorite Jeanne McHale

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Join us at The First Annual Intolerista Wingding, April 17th, featuring
Roy Zimmerman and Jeanne McHale.  For details go to . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Wingding

Seeya
there.