[Vision2020] Say What?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Sep 30 14:00:24 PDT 2008

Greetings visionaires -

I have decided to present this "Say What" as a challenge.

The following statement was made on December 10, 2002 by a person well
known here in Vandalville.

Who said . . .

-------------------------------

"We are certainly going to war in Iraq, and we are doing so in order to
accomplish "regime change." This is a traditional war, in the old-
fashioned sense of the word. Any attempt to do this without an express
declaration of war on the part of Congress is therefore unconstitutional.
Congress, and only Congress, declares war. It is not the prerogative of
the commander-in-chief. It is not the prerogative of the United Nations.
Congress declares war. The Constitution does permit the president to some
sorts of limited military action without such a declaration (e.g. Barbary
pirates, bin-Laden), but to overthrow the government of another sovereign
nation without a declaration of war is constitutional impudence, plain and
simple."

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)