[Vision2020] [Bulk] Important Bill Maher Message

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 28 16:53:44 PDT 2008

The question posed to the NSA Candidates' Forum is quoted verbatim below:"Mine is an unusual question. A bunch of us have been kind of among ourselves talking about . . . I don’t really know if you can answer this. I want to know what you guys would do with the dynamic situation of the Muslim and Christian issue that I know with the refugees coming in particularly from a relative of mine who is working with them down in Boise. Because some of the Christians have been persecuted by the Muslims and they’re scared. And that issue is coming up and that dynamic will be coming up. And, so, I . . . a bunch of us want to know how you guys would handle that situation. And it has to do with religion. And then my personal question . . . and a bunch of us . . . I don’t know if, Shirley, you can answer this. Is Barack Obama a Muslim? That’s my question."

Courtney stated in his blahg:

" . . . a young lady asks a question about Islam to those seeking public office."

I fail to see the word "Islam" anywhere in the verbatim transcript above.  What I do see and read is a person suggesting that Boise is experiencing an influx of Muslim refugees and that these refugees are persecuting local Christians in Boise, a suggestion/allegation that astonished members of the forum.

That said . . .Keely's comments, much like the candidates' astonishment, was in response to what was clearly either an extremely ill-founded question, lacking even the most miniscule degree of knowledge, or a quasi-political statement made in the form of a question.In either case, I find that Keely's comments were appropriate and well deserved of the person posing such an ignorant question.You can be rest assured had I been the originator of these comments posted by Keely Mix, intent would have been the least of Courtney's concerns.

Seeya round town, Moscow.