[Vision2020] since I've been banned . . .

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Sep 26 11:42:38 PDT 2008

I find that Dale Courtney's Right-Mind blog doesn't accept my comments, and Dale's already told me he files my emails to him under the bozo file, so I'll just make a few quick comments here in response to his harangue:

1.  It wasn't Scott Dredge who insulted Dale's wife, and why he continues to try to win arguments by bringing up something hurtful to and about the woman he loves is incomprehensible.  Either way, though, he's got the wrong perp.

2.  I didn't "take credit" for his taking down the obnoxious post and comment.  I printed my response from Doug Wilson because Doug says he contacted Dale about it, and the result of that conversation was that the posts were removed.  I thought Doug did a good thing, and I wanted people to know.

3.  I also am aware that Dale has in the past posted something awful (immature, unwise, belligerent), pulled it when told to, and then, once the clamor died down, posted it again.  I wanted to make sure that if he did that here, it would be seen as an act of duplicity.

4.  I absolutely, on my blog, would not allow for comments I couldn't read, and I would make sure I read and responded to each one.  Further, I'd erase anything that offended common decency.  That seems just to be a common-sense approach to managing one's own blogsite, and so would disabling any comments from the predictably puerile Chris Witmer.

5.  It might be time for Dale to engage in a bit of self-reflection, rather than blame deflection.  Rose can explain why she posted what she did, but Dale's answer to her -- that he never pulls comments -- seemed inconsistent with the fact that Witmer's hideous comment went away with the initial (and hideous) post.  Dazzling us with technobabble  does less to vindicate him than it does to convince people that there's a compounding of dumb decisions for which neither I, nor Rose, is responsible.

6.  ALso, it's a little bit -- OK, astonishingly -- disingenuous for a guy who regularly lifts photos, quotes, internet posts, etc., from other people and slaps them on his blog without their OK to be whining about the posting of an impersonal, brief, and ultimately less-than-meaningful communique responding to a very public (by his choice) manner.

7.  Go ahead and use an unflattering photo of me, Dale, but please -- be kind to your wife.  She doesn't deserve this.

Keely
http://keely-prevailingwinds.blogspot.com/