[Vision2020] Courtney's racist blog joke

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Sep 25 14:03:23 PDT 2008

I emailed Doug Wilson and asked him if he had any intention of rebuking Dale Courtney for the hideous Obama joke on his blog, and Wilson emailed me saying he talked about it with Dale, who took it off.  I agree with Wilson that his doing so -- taking the joke and Witmer's joke off the blogsite -- was a good thing.

So the joke is off.  Presumably, Courtney got a hand-slap or a "hey, buddy, whatcha doing?" exhortation.  Now I hope there's at least some discussion of removing him from the eldership.   Courtney has demonstrated a pattern of belligerence and it's not only unbecoming of a Christian, but utterly shameful for a Christian elder.

I'm glad Wilson intervened; I hope he begins to demand better from his congregants and elders.

Keely
http://keely-prevailingwinds.blogspot.com/