[Vision2020] What Makes Moscow Business-Unfriendly?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Sep 25 12:26:53 PDT 2008

I understand that a case, extremely similar to this occurred in Coeur
d'Alene about 17-18 years ago.

The result was that the busness kept its beer/wine license as well as its
location, since the restaurant/tavern (I forget exactly what it was) was
established at its location prior to the arrival of the church.

Hence, the latter part of Idaho Code 23-913:

" . . .  this limitation shall not apply to any duly licensed premises
that at the time of licensing did not come within the restricted area but
subsequent to licensing same [came] therein."

There is also lattitude within Idao Code 23-913 that allows for our city
council to establish (and enforce) its own code regarding this issue:

" . . . except with the approval of the governing body of the
municipality."