[Vision2020] Courtney's racist blog joke

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Sep 25 09:23:27 PDT 2008

>From my blog, because this needs as strong a condemnation as possible:

Dale Courtney, the Christ Church elder and pugnacious pundit of the
blog Right-Mind, was the subject of my public rebuke yesterday for
calling a Moscow man, by name, a "local reprobate." There seems to be
no limit to how low Courtney can go -- how despicably he can behave,
how reckless he tosses off inflammatory pseudo-news, and how vile a
stench he leaves as a Christian man, father, and elder of a church.

Today, he goes even lower.

The
"Scariest Knock-Knock Joke Ever" begins with "ISE" and ends up with a
grinning Barack Obama announcing, "ISE YO NEW PRESIDENT!" Adding shit
to stink is Chris Witmer's even more offensive comment, involving
Barack Obama's appearance at the Pearly Gates a mere 20 minutes after
being elected.

Don't harden you heart any more than it already
is, Dale, by saying it isn't racist to portray Barack Obama speaking in
the kind of jive-English no one I know uses, but all racists appeal to
to denigrate Blacks. And don't suggest I have no sense of humor for
failing to find a joke about Obama's sudden death -- it's hard not to
read "assassination" here -- upon election. That you would post the
first joke is reprehensible; that you would allow Witmer's joke to
remain on your blog is proof of the fact that you, pal, have lost your
way. You need Jesus. You are an unrepentant bigot, and that you hold a
leadership position in anything higher than a treehouse gang of
schoolboys is an abomination.

For my correspondent who wonders
why I'm quick to presume racism on the part of Christ Church and its
leaders: Either look honestly, or continue to explain away the
inexplicable. And for everyone else -- No, I'll never stop, even when
the bad guys appear to be winning.

Keely
http://keely-prevailingwinds.blogspot.com/