[Vision2020] Why are we bailing out all these large corporations?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 21:04:18 PDT 2008

Thank you for the explanation, that makes perfect sense.  While I'm sure
many bank presidents right now are shitting bricks, moving this country
from one where almost everyone is in debt up to their eyeballs to one
where people save their money and buy only what they really need or want
seems like a good thing.  Sure, you're not going to save for thirty
years and then buy a house, but if the pendulum swings away from the
side it just smacked into, then maybe our economy will eventually become
stronger after the banks (and people) riding the bleeding edge crash and
burn spectacularly.

Banks will have to move from borrow short and lend long to borrow long
and lend short for a while in order to survive.  That means they'll
raise the interest rates on savings accounts, and require your first
born son as collateral when buying an ATV.  Perhaps a balance will be
struck somewhere.  The only difference will be that not everybody has as
much useless crap as they currently do.

It's only common sense to realize that when *everyone* is in debt, the
system's going to break soon.

Paul