[Vision2020] Bill Ayers & Barack Obama

joekc at roadrunner.com joekc at roadrunner.com
Wed Sep 24 07:46:49 PDT 2008

Roger,

Watergate is significant not for the event itself but because it revealed a host of other illegal
activities performed by the Committee to Re-Elect the President (CREEP). I won't list these since
Andreas already mentioned many of those activities. Or you could just google "Watergate" and
find out the list for yourself. Again, it was not just Watergate. Liddy was part of a team that
performed numerous illegal activities to steal a presidential election.

Suppose that you were running for office and you found out that a group of Democrats rigged the
primary so that you would win (thinking you had the worse chance of winning in the main
election), stole and released private files indicating that your campaign manager had psychiatric
problems (I'm trying to find the closest analogy to a VP in your case), performed illegal wire taps,
and broke into your campaign headquarters. Later you are crushed in the election, loosing by a
landslide. Are you really going to tell me that you would shrug it off and say, "Oh, well, it doesn't
matter since the election wasn't even close!"

The fact is that we'll never know how close the election would have been were it not for the
actions of CREEP (including Liddy and others).

Here is another analogy. Should Barry Bonds be elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame? After all, he
has more homeruns than anyone in baseball history. Surely he would have hit enough homeruns to
gain membership in the Hall even if he didn't cheat. Does that matter? Were you Commissioner of
Baseball, would it be appropriate for you to associate with one of the guys who sold him steroids?
Or should you, would you, distance yourself from him?

--
Joe Campbell