[Vision2020] Why are we bailing out all these largecorporations?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Sep 23 14:10:13 PDT 2008

Nah.  The deregulation of financial institutions under the Reagan and Bush
(Sr.) administrations couldn't have contributed to this economic
crapshoot, huh Roger?  The deregulation that permitted banks to run amok,
because (after all) they are federally, pronounced "tax payer", insured.

It seems that every time (with such regularity that you can almost set
your watch to it) that a major foul-up occurs in the Bush (Jr.)
administration, Bush simply asks his advisors two questions:

1)  What went wrong?

2)  How is it Bill Clinton's fault?

If they can't drum up some half-baked scenario that, with the assistance
of some hallucinogens, the American people would consider negligibly
feasible, they go further back in history and blame Jimmy Carter.

Jeesh!

> Roger:
>
> I think you've forgotten that Clinton quit being
> president seven and a half years ago. Because I know
> you wouldn't blame him for the present financial mess
> if you had remembered that.
>
> Or are Republicans just real slow at fixing things when
> other Republicans are profiting from the situation?
>
> Don Coombs

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

"Jesus was a community organizer and Poncius Pilate was a governor."

- Marilyn Trail, sister of Representative Tom trail (September 8, 2008)

----

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)