[Vision2020] Why are we bailing out all these large corporations?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 21 16:59:05 PDT 2008

If a large corporation is about to go bankrupt because they loaned money
without proper collateral behind it and without a determination that the
person taking out the loan could reasonably pay it back, shouldn't we
let it crash and burn?  Isn't that what is so casually referred to as a
"market correction"?

I've heard it stated that there is something different about this
situation - it's more dire and it could have a snowball effect on the
rest of the economy or even the globe.  Does anyone here know enough
about this to explain that?

What is so important about this situation that would result in the
necessity for an Iraq War-sized expenditure?

Or is it a case of the rich looking out for the rich, which I'm
half-tempted to believe is the case.

Paul