[Vision2020] GOP Sen. Hagel: Palin Has No Foreign Policy

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Sep 18 19:11:29 PDT 2008

In a recent radio interview, McCain not only places Spain geographically
in Latin America, he identifies Spain as one of our adversaries.

>From McCain's interview with Radio Caracol Miami conducted Wednesday -

-------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONGFONFz4FM

-------

QUESTION: Senator, finally, let's talk about Spain. If you're elected
president, would you be willing to invite President Jose Luiz Rodriguez
Zapatero to the White House to meet with you?

MCCAIN: I would be willing meet, uh, with those leaders who our friends
[sic] and want to work with us in a cooperative fashion, and by the way,
President Calderon of Mexico is fighting a very very tough fight against
the drug cartels. I'm glad we are now working in cooperation with the
Mexican government on the Merida plan. I intend to move forward with
relations, and invite as many of them as I can, those leaders, to the
White House.

QUESTION: Would that invitation be extended to the Zapatero government, to
the president itself?

MCCAIN: I don't, you know, honestly I have to look at relations and the
situations and the priorities, but I can assure you I will establish
closer relations with our friends and I will stand up to those who want to
do harm to the United States of America.

QUESTION: So you have to wait and see if he's willing to meet with you, or
you'll be able to do it in the White House?

MCCAIN: Well again I don't, all I can tell you is that I have a clear
record of working with leaders in the hemisphere that are friends with us,
and standing up to those who are not, and that's judged on the basis of
the importance of our relationship with Latin America, and the entire
region.

QUESTION: Okay... what about [either "you" or "Europe"], I'm talking about
the President of Spain?

MCCAIN: What about me what?

QUESTION: Okay... are you willing to meet with him if you are elected
president?

MCCAIN: I am willing to meet with any leader who is dedicated to the same
principles and philosophy that we are for human rights, democracy and
freedom, and I will stand up to those that do not.

Are we certain that McCain is the person we want answering that 3 AM phone
call?

NOT ME!!

Seeya at Farmers' Market, Moscow.