[Vision2020] Bill Ayers & Barack Obama

joekc at roadrunner.com joekc at roadrunner.com
Tue Sep 16 21:37:29 PDT 2008

Here is a relevant article on the comparison from the Chicago Tribune. (Sorry if someone posted
this already):

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-oped0504chapmanmay04,0,6061828.column

And here is a "wonderful" quote from Liddy, from his 8/26/94 talk show, noted in the article:

“Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing
arms, resist them with arms. Go for a headshot; they’re going to be wearing bulletproof vests. …
Kill the sons of bitches."

If you don't trust the Chicago Trib, just google the quote. There are other sources.

Ayers was never convicted of a crime and Liddy was. It is unfair to compare the conviction of one
man with speculations about crimes committed by the other. If you want to speculate about
crimes, I feel confident that Liddy's did not stop with Watergate. Nor was Watergate the only
wrongdoing by Nixon and friends during his re-election campaign. The fact is, Liddy was part of a
team that took the vote for the presidency out of our hands.

And yes much of the speculation about Ayers's crimes comes from his own book. But there is great
debate about how much of that book is true and how much is false.

Further, Obama has condemned Ayers for his past actions. Has McCain condemned Liddy?

Lastly, neither Liddy nor Ayers is running for president! Let's stick to issues that matter, not ad
hominem attacks and guilt by association.

--
Joe Campbell