[Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: Famous Speeches

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 10:05:14 PDT 2008

What I'd like to know is, was she trying to say that God told Bush to
send troops into Iraq as a direct divine intervention, or does she think
that everything that happens, from invading Iraq to deciding on the type
of candy bar a company decides to come out with, is part of "God's Plan"?

If she thinks there's any kind of a direct divine connection between our
politicians and God, then I don't want her anywhere near office.  We've
had eight years of God's current champion, and I think we all know how
that's turned out.  Some of the worst things to happen in the world have
happened because someone thought they'd been told to do it by God.  On
the other hand, if she's just saying that God has a plan for everything,
then that's just an expression of her faith.  She won't be expecting the
Gold Phone to ring to give her personalized, detail instructions, and I
don't have to worry about being officially stoned to death, or even just
marginalized, because of some prejudices from a few thousand years ago
being enshrined in a book.

Paul