[Vision2020] McCain Out of Touch with America's Health Care Crisis

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 12 12:12:23 PDT 2008

Greetings:

Here is a follow-up to my column on Obama and McCain on health care.  What do the McCain-Palin supporters on this list think of McCain's whopping $360 billion tax increase for tax credits for buying private insurance that would leave millions still uninsured and families with the credits still short $8,000 a year for decent coverage?  McCain's plan would destroy the employer based system and shift those who have the money to high deductible partial coverage plans.

Nick Gier

McCain: "Like most Americans I go see my doctor fairly frequently." - 09/12/08

That was Republican Senator John McCain speaking recently from the campaign trail. The Senator said “most Americans” can see their doctor “fairly frequently.”

But that isn’t what recent studies show. A recent study called Public Views on U.S. Health Care System Organization found that 73 percent of Americans have had difficulty securing a doctors appointment and thirty nine percent who have insurance said it was difficult to reach their doctor on the phone. Twenty-six percent of those with insurance had difficulty scheduling an appointment the same or next day when they are sick.