[Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: SarahPalin's Church Speech: US Troops Sent To Do God'sWill

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 20:18:42 PDT 2008

g. crabtree wrote:
> Having listened to Mrs. Palin's speech and having read the transcript,
> it's clear that you are missing the point she was trying to
> make entirely. In no way did she say that "our leaders were sending
> our troops to do God's will." What she actually said was:
>
>     "Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what
>     is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national
>     leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from
>     God, That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that
>     there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."
>

> What she was asking for was for her audience to pray for our troops,
> our country, and that our leaders were making the right decisions by
> sending our troops (U.S. soldiers) into harms way. (That there IS A
> PLAN and that plan is God's plan) In other words on a task that is
> from God as opposed to from fallen and fallible man.

You've lost me.  How does  saying that our task is "from God" and that
"there IS A PLAN and that plan is God's plan" vary significantly from
"our troops doing God's will"?  Is there some finer theological point
I'm missing?  I doubt that Tom meant to imply that Sarah Palin stated
that God personally told each soldier where to go and what to pack.

> That this incredible amount of time and effort is being expended
> throwimg2008091014504376ing everything including the kitchen sink at
> Governor Palin in a desperate effort to find some small thing with
> which to damage her doesn't speak very highly of Barry's campaign. If
> she were truly the insignificant and corrupt little mayor from Podunk
> that everyone on the left was making her out to be this amount of
> noise would be quite unnecessary. That the libs can speak of nothing
> else speaks volumes.

This is counter-intuitive.  The more unrealistic a candidate is for
office, the more that will be found about that candidate that shows them
to be unfit.  Thus, there will be more "noise" about it.  A perfect
candidate would leave the opposition speechless, because there would be
nothing to criticize.

Paul