[Vision2020] McCain's Choice Bad for Voters

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Sep 6 17:05:58 PDT 2008

Heck!

The Republican congress, with the aid of Special Prosecutor Kenneth Starr,
wanted to start impeachment proceedings against Bill Clinton over a wet
spot on Monica Lewinsky's dress.

If 17-year-old Chelsea Clinton had become pregnant, I'm guessing that
Kenneth starr would have subpoenaed the pope to discuss the Clintons
family values.

I mean . . . look who is back in this three-ring circus they call the
McCain Campaign . . . ol' Karl Rove himself!

> [...]
redundancy.

> Imagine if Chelsea Clinton became pregnant at 17 out of wedlock during
the
> Clinton administration.  Would those opposing the Clinton administration
> have suggested this revealed Bill or Hillary's lack of spiritual or moral
> fiber, their failed management of their family?  What if Obama had a 17
year
> old daughter that now was pregnant out of wedlock?  Would there be a
focus
> on this fact implying that Obama's family reflected a spiritual or moral
> failing on his part?
>
> Ted Moffett
>
> On 9/6/08, keely emerinemix <kjajmix1 at msn.com> wrote:
>
> > You know, I think it's beyond the pale to suggest that Obama
has "pimped"
> > his daughters.  I think the sentiment is ugly, the choice of wording
> > somewhat suspicious, and the "BHO" designation skirting the edges of
bigotry
> > (it relies on "Hussein," which seems important to the conservatives,
and it
> > reads "B-Ho," which is funny if you're one of them).  Further,
sarcastic
> > reference to "The One" presumes a mockery of self-importance Obama
doesn't
> > deserve.
> >
> > Together -- "pimped," "B-Ho," and "The One" -- tells me that Gary is
fresh
> > out of new things to say and has taken, disappointingly, to reliance
on ugly
> > stereotypes and tired old arguments.   Sarah Palin isn't responsible
for her
> > daughter's pregnancy, but she did make the choice to seek national
office in
> > the midst of it.  I think it's wrong for people to make political or
> > personal hay out of Bristol Palin's private life, as I've written on my
> > blog, but to suggest that a conservative, pro-life, hard-right
evangelical
> > would somehow get a free pass in this or any other circumstance when
running
> > for the vice presidency strikes me as more naive than I know Gary to
be.
> > Gary, who hasn't acknowledged that Obama has instructed his staff that
any
> > comments about the Palin family's children are grounds for immediate
> > termination, would like this to be another example of mean, nasty,
> > coldhearted-yet-spineless liberals attacking a good conservative.  It
isn't.

> > My thought is that Sarah Palin is a bright, sunny woman given to a
sharp
> > tongue and a rapier wit that, while intoxicating now in the spotlight,
will
> > soon eviscerate her and her campaign partner.  She won't last through
> > September, and it won't be because of Huffington, Kos, Andreas Schou,
Keely
> > Emerine Mix, or anyone other
> > than . . . Sarah Palin.
> >
> > Keely
> > http://keely-prevailingwinds.blogspot.com/
> >

> > > From: jampot at roadrunner.com
> > > To: vision2020 at moscow.com; thansen at moscow.com
> > > Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 13:29:04 -0700
> > > Subject: Re: [Vision2020] McCain's Choice Bad for Voters
> > >
> > > Excuse me, if there was any "shoving her pregnant daughter into the
> > public
> > > eye" it was done by the "progressive media and bloggers such as kos
and
> > > huffington. This would be in direct contrast to BHO who has taken
every
> > > opportunity (remember access hollywood's extensive interview of the
> > precious
> > > tykes along with making sure the kiddies had microphones in their
> > precocious
> > > little paws when they were onstage at the dnc convention?) to pimp
his
> > > children to the public for the greater glory of "The One's" campaign.
> > >
> > > That a local democrat has managed to find a disaffected Alaskan
democrat
> > who
> > > is willing to make unsubstantiated negative comments about McCain's
VP
> > pick
> > > comes as no surprise. After all, when you're running scared there's
> > nothing
> > > a dem won't do to try and carry the day.

Spokesman

> > Now
Bill

> > of
> > sexism.

> > check

> > putting

---------

> > > List services made available by First Step Internet,
> > > serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
> > > http://www.fsr.net
> > > mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

> > Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn "10 hidden secrets" from
Jamie. Learn

Now<http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-
cns!550F681DAD532637!5295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_domore_092008>

> >  List services made available by First Step Internet,
> >               http://www.fsr.net

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)