[Vision2020] [Bulk] "Democracy Now!" Amy Goodman Arrested At RNC

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 18:53:06 PDT 2008

It looked to me like they were in a parking lot, presumably that of the
venue for the convention.  I got the idea she was trying to walk past
them to get inside.  I could be wrong about that.

I guess the question I'm asking is, do all members of the press have a
right to equal access to this convention, or do those hosting the
convention have the right to bar individual members of the press they
don't wish to admit.  I'm guessing that barring individual members of
the press is well within their rights.

On the other hand, is it the job of the police to act as private
security for a public event, or to enforce the wishes of a private group?

Paul