[Vision2020] Missed votes

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 19:16:40 PDT 2008

I don't think you guys don't understand how our government works. Congressman vote the interesting of their districts, not what another Congressman tells them to. Congressman usually on speak so it is in the record, so their lobbyist, supporters, and constituents, as well as other organizations and the media can see where they stand on the issues and how they voted.

Congressman that miss a vote, don't change the outcome. Republican and Democratic Whips meet with each and make sure they have the same number of people absent from the floor, as to not change the vote.

This allows members of congress to go about their business and representing their constituents in others ways, not just sit in a chair on the floor of the House and Senate hearing endless speeches with all the same arguments for and against a bill. The real argumentation takes place behind closed doors.

I do agree, however, that members of Congress spend to much time raising money and not working on bills.

Best Regards,

Donovan