[Vision2020] empathy

donald edwards donaledwards at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 10:34:46 PDT 2008

"the empathy to understand what it'slike to be poor, or African-American, or gay, or disabled, or old."

I would hope that most Americans would prefer impartial judges that have the ability to look beyond their own social framwork and be able to see an issue from all sides with an open mind.  I fail to see where there is anything negative in the above quote.  Americans should want judges who believe in "We the People in order to form a more perfect nation with the understanding that ALL men are created equal" and "a nation of, by and for the people" vs. judges who would side with corporate fat cats, the likes of oil tycoon, strip miners, energy monopolies (staged blackouts & record gas profits anyone?) and Wall Street insiders.

Bring on the judges that protect common men who have legitimately been wronged over social elites protecting the ill gotten gains anyday!!

Don