[Vision2020] The Odd Lies Of Sarah Palin XX: The Clothes, The Clothes

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 24 16:08:06 PDT 2008

The Atlantic

The Daily Dish

Andrew Sullivan

24 Oct 2008 09:46 am

The Odd Lies Of Sarah Palin XX: The Clothes, The Clothes

It might appear to you and me as if the factual basis for the $150,000
luxury Neiman Marcus clothing budget is solid. But that would be missing
Sarah Palin's ability to deny
<http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-sarah-palin-1023,0,7917021.story>
reality:

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin insisted in an interview with the Tribune on
Thursday that she did not accept $150,000 worth of designer clothes from the
Republican Party and "that is not who we are."

"That whole thing is just, bad!" she said. "Oh, if people only knew how
frugal we are.

"It's kind of painful to be criticized for something when all the facts are
not out there and are not reported," said Palin, saying the clothes are not
worth $150,000 and were bought for the Republican National Convention.
Still, she has been wearing pricey clothes at campaign events this fall. She
said they will be given back, auctioned off or sent to charity. Most of
them, she said, haven't even left the belly of her campaign plane.

What facts exactly have not been reported? Is she saying she has not worn
the clothes?

Is she saying they are not worth $150,000? Is she saying they were bought at
a second-hand charity shop? Or that they were hers to begin with? Is she
saying that these clothes were all bought before the convention and only
worn then? Is she saying that they have actually remained on the airplane
the entire time and we have been hallucinating her wearing them at every
occasion? Is she saying that the RNC did not buy them, or that no campaign
money was spent on them?

Or is she weirdly lying again because the truth is something she cannot
handle? At this point, all I know is that a public figure who can simply
deny reality should not be directly in line to be president of the United
States. Whatever your politics, it is not a reasonable proposition.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/10/the-odd-lies--6
.html#more