[Vision2020] Al Qaeda-linked Website Backs McCain as President

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 21:27:18 PDT 2008

I did a little reading, and I just don't understand the problem.  It
does appear that he actually went there, since the school's wiki page
has a writeup about him:  http://www.wikicu.com/Barack_Obama.  The story
goes that he went to Columbia College after a couple of years at
Occidental College in LA, where he mostly partied a lot, then he
transferred to Columbia College where he buckled down and got serious
about his studying.  He was apparently involved with the Black Students
Organization, and he majored in PoliSci with an emphasis on
International Politics.  There are a couple of pictures of him with
relatives at the school.  His senior thesis was on Soviet disarmament.

It's true that he won't hand out copies of his transcript.  The link
above states that his former professors and classmates confirm that he
was a brilliant, standout student.  So why won't he release his
transcripts?  Some think it's because he benefited from Affirmative
Action programs, but no one really knows.

I guess I just don't see the problem here.  I spent 2 1/2 years at the
US Naval Academy, and 2 1/2 years here at the U of I.  I have no old
classwork or notes to prove I went to either place, although I do have a
couple of yearbooks.  I doubt there's a soul alive at the Academy that
would remember me, and the only reason anyone at the U of I would
remember me is because I grew up here and work there now.

So what is the underlying thesis, here?  Is the worry that he is faking
his schooling history?  Is he hiding a bad set of grades?  Too much time
spent partying?  Too much time spent smoking dope?

I just can't get worked up about his refusing to release his transcripts.

Paul