[Vision2020] Politico RNC shells out $150K for Palin fashion

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 23 20:01:37 PDT 2008

On Thursday 23 October 2008 17:41:23 No Weatherman wrote:
> Third, the thing that should have ALL Americans the most upset is that
> the RNC thought Gov Palin needed a do over. This is incredible!

Yes, we should be aware when RNC -- reflective narcissistic cosmetologists --
decide that substantive changes are needed in someone's perceived appearance.

> The woman's appeal to Main Street USA is her down-home country-girl
> look — all those pictures of her next to a Harley or aiming an M-16 or
> holding a two foot salmon or bagging a moose wearing camouflage
> fatigues.

Ah, those amazing images of northern Euro-centric lineage, perhaps from a
Hemingway family branch, as if she were christened Heidi Hildegarde, of
masculine bravado under a fine, thin, layer of jowless cheek --
unforgettable.

> She didn't need a do over. She needed a little more of the same!

Just so. The next series should include an Abrams tank, an open-doored Chinook
helicopter with an amazing rapid-fire machine gun, a beached Beluga freshly
harpooned, and, from her African adventures, one of those ivory-bearing
elephants from the deep, dark jungles -- or at least a game preserve captive.

> That's why I for one am relieved it was all for charity.

You may have a point there. After the news of the purchases broke, even those
consumers who confused their millions, billions, and trillions understood
right away that 150,000 dollars worth of blouses, pants, and really red high
heels would fill a good-sized walk-in closet. And at Target or JCPenney
prices, a large house full of good-sized closets. So, this awareness raising,
and the decisions made in its wake, were not without value.

Nieman Marcus in Minneapolis -- $75,062.63

Saks Fifth Avenue in St. Louis and New York -- $49,425.74

A month of hair care expenses -- $4,716.49

Assuring a civicly challenged, national novice gets nowhere near the White
House -- priceless!

The USA FedCard. Americans don't live life without it.

Ken